Thursday, July 30, 2015

Training

It's been interesting training in upstate. My dad and I have been researching and buying our camping equipment, getting our bikes setup. Getting all trained. We've been riding at least thirty miles after work, days off, we try and go sixty+. Since we only have a month left to train, we've been upping our mileage as much as possible. Labor day will be here in no time. So far, we have:

2 Salsa Fargo II
Big Agnes Copper Spur UL1 Tent
Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 Tent
2 Big Agnes Roxy Ann Sleeping Bags
1 Big Agnes Lost Ranger Sleeping Bag 
3 Comfort Light Mats
MSR WindBurner Stove
GravityWorks 4.0L Water Filtration System
Giro Riela Mountain Cycling Shoes
2 Pearl Izumi Bike Shorts 
3L Camelback Water Reservoir
Giro Verona Helmet & Gloves
Ka-Bar Becker Crewman Knife
Garmin Edge 810 GPS
Adventure Cycling Great Divide Map Set 
Arkel Panniers
Old Man Mountain Rack
Revolt Design Bags
Salsa Anything Cages


On my rides alone, I find myself either cursing or laughing at the terrain. The other day as I yelled at the hill coming up, how much it sucked, I look over and there walking along his fence, a nice older man, a smile pulling at the corner of his mouth, his hand in a jerky wave. I looked at him, apologized and kept riding and for some reason I always encounter people as I'm swearing at the wind, instead of laughing nonsensically because I finally get to ride downhill. All the past uphills just go away and you have the air pulling the water from your eyes and you wonder how steep the hill has to be before you aren't able to pedal anymore. 
That little dot on my leg is a ladybug. My main support team. He stayed there for twenty miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where We Are! -Mapshare